My name is Mike, and about a year ago I was right where you are today. I was broke.I mean I was so broke, I couldn’t pay attention. My wife was collecting disability payment so our bills were getting paid, but I felt like a failure. I was suppose to be taking care of my family instead of them taking care of me. I couldn’t go out and find a job somewhere because I needed to be able to take care of my wife and leaving her alone for eight hours a day wasn’t an option for me.
I decided to start an online business. I read all the hype about getting rich overnight or push button riches as some call it. I’m sure you’ve done the same. I still get emails promoting some system claiming, do this, then do that, then do this other thing and the money will magically start pouring into my bank account. Don’t you just hate that?
I’m here to tell you whether you want to build a brick and mortar business, or an online business, it will take time to start making money. So if you’er looking for a get rich quick plan, I’d say buy some lottery tickets. On the other hand, if you’re willing to put in some work to make your dreams come true, I’d like nothing more than to help you get started. I’m going to show you how to get your business started online and how to do it absolutely FREE!
I want you to look at that picture of your website in your mind. Can you see it? Do you know how to build it? Most likely you said NO. Don’t worry, it’s not your fault. Building websites isn’t something they teach us in school and, most website builders online don’t teach you what to do.
GoDaddy is a very well known domain name registrar and hosting company that offers a website builder. I have used GoDaddy in the past and wanted to compare them to what I use now. Don’t get me wrong here, GoDaddy is a great company, I just find them lacking in a few areas.
As you can see from the chart above there are 7 red X’s. Let’s go over each item and I’ll tell you why I marked each item the way I did.
- Is it easy to get help? I gave GoDaddy the benefit of the doubt here because they do have a customer service phone number to call.
- Private coaching available? GoDaddy does not offer private coaching.
- Can you Contact the Owners? You can contact customer service but not the owners.
- Is there a live chat? If you consider talking to a customer service rep live chat then that one could be changed to a green checkmark.
- Is there step-by-step training? Here’s what GoDaddy say’s about building a website.
What should I look for in a web builder?
Be sure to look for a variety of website templates and a nice big library of free photos. Also, a good website builder has the flexibility to let you make changes on the fly when your next brilliant idea strikes.
You’ll also want to check to be sure you can switch to a new website template without losing the text you’ve already added. Short on time? Look for pre-built websites with words and pictures already filled in.
Although technology has come a long way, many people still need help as they learn how to create a website. Luckily, GoDaddy is here with answers.
Call our customer service any time day or night with general questions on how to make a website or specific help with creating a slideshow, for example, or adding a Facebook® feed to your website.
As you can see they do NOT offer step by step training.
- Are free websites included? GoDaddy is in the business of selling domain names and hosting therefore they don’t offer free websites.
- Is web hosting included? As stated above hosting is one of the products GoDaddy sells so it is NOT included.
- Do they offer a domain platform? Domain names are the flagship product for GoDaddy.
- Can you try for free? They do offer a 30 day free trial of their website builder. After that the cost is as follows:
PersonalPerfect for personal websites.Start Free Trial
Try it free for one month.
Then $71.88/year ($5.99/month) after. Cancel anytime.50 personal themesUnlimited pages1 GB disk space
150 GB bandwidth
BusinessIdeal for small businessesStart Free Trial
Try it free for one month.
Then $119.88/year ($9.99/month) after. Cancel anytime.300 business & personal themesUnlimited pages10 GB disk space500 GB bandwidthMobile site
Business plusFor your growing business needsStart Free Trial
Try it free for one month.
Then $179.88/year ($14.99/month) after. Cancel anytime.300 business & personal themesUnlimited pages50 GB disk space1,000 GB bandwidthMobile siteSearch engine optimizationOne-click social media manager10. Is there a keyword research tool? GoDaddy does not offer a keyword research tool.11. Is there an affiliate program? GoDaddy does have an affiliate program.
Do I recommend this product? Although GoDaddy is a reputable company I do NOT recommend them simply because I found something much much better.
- Is it easy to get help? Yes! There is a community of more than 10,000 people (including me) just waiting to answer your questions.
- Private Coaching Available? Private coaching is available through Private Messaging.
- Can You Contact The Owners? Yes! Kyle and Carson are both available in live chat and if you become a premium member you’ll be able to private message them.
- Is there a live chat? Yes!
- Is there step by step training? Yes! This is probably my favorite part of Wealthy Affiliate. Their training makes it so easy to build a website because Kyle (one of the owners) has taken the time to make a video for each step that will show you exactly what to do. It’s like step 1 do this. Step 2 do this. Step 3 do this, and so on.
- Are FREE websites included? Yes! As a Free Starter Member you’ll get two (2) free websites.
- Is Web Hosting Included? Yes! I know it’s hard to believe, at least it was for me, but hosting is included and it’s free too.
- Do They Offer A Domain Platform? Yes! Your free websites will be dot siterubix websites. If you decide you want your own domain name for your site WA makes it easy.
- Can Your Try It Free? Yes! You can create your FREE Starter Membership Here!
- Is There A Keyword Research Tool? Yes! How to do keyword research is just one of the new skills you’ll learn within Wealthy Affiliate.
- Is There An Affiliate Program? Yes! You can make money by promoting Wealthy Affiliate even as a FREE member.
There you have it. I promised to show you how to get your business online absolutely FREE and I’ve done that with Wealthy Affiliate. Now the ball is in your court. It’s decision time. Are you going to keep that picture of your website in your mind for another day, a month, a year, or are you going to give Wealthy Affiliate a try? Create Your Free Starter Membership Today!
To Your Success